#78 Speaking Part 2 : Describe a goal that you achieved, which was set by yourself

 



What it was

When did you set it

How did you achieve it

Explain how it influenced your life


01:26

Well, I am going to talk about a target that I set up in my past years, and I've chosen to talk about a plan where I want to have a body goal. So, I decided to start my diet program, for about, in March 2017.  At that time, I was shocked by the result of my medical check up. At that time, my cholesterol rate was very high. It was for about 270, while the normal rate should be 200 below. 

02:19

So I guess, I need to change my sleeping habits, my eating habits and my lifestyle. So, I began to take up swimming routine every morning. I could say that, I spent for about thirty minutes every day to do a small swimming. And then, in the afternoon, I also took up a jogging around my neighbourhood. 

02:50

Beside doing sports,  I also tried to reduce my calories intake. So, I avoid any fried foods, any junk food. And also, I reduced my calories intake from about 2,000 calories to 1,500 calories. At the end of 2017, I could say that I was succesfully reduced my body weight. 


My self corrections :

  1. "in March 2017", seharusnya preposisi tanggal adalah "on". Jadi harusnya on March 2017
  2. " cholesterol rate", collocation untuk cholestrol sebagai noun pada umumnya adalah CHOLESTEROL + NOUN level. Jadi harusnya Cholesterol Level
  3. "while the normal rate". Pada umumnya lebih proper kalau pake adjektiva "standard". Jadi harusnya "Standard level"
  4. "I began to take up swimming routine every morning." harusnya ada article indefintif 'a' sebelum kata benda swimming routine. Jadi "I began to take up a swimming routine every morning"
  5.  "I began to take up swimming routine every morning." Collocation kata sifat yang benar untuk kata kerja swimming adalah evening, morning, regular. Jadi harusnya : I began to take up regular swimming every morning.
  6.  "I spent for about thirty minutes every day". Collocation untuk kata kerja "spend" dalam konteks waktu, tidak diikuti preposisi "on". Contoh : I think we need to spend more time together. Kalaupun diikuti preposisi, lazimnya kata kerja SPEND adalah PREP. on The company spent a lot on advertising. How long do you spend on your homework?. Jadi harusnya "I spent thirty minutes"
  7.  "to do small swimming". Collocation kata sifat yang tepat untuk kata kerja swimming adalah : ADJ. evening, morning, regular | quick . Contoh : How about a quick swim before breakfast?. Jadi harusnya "to do quick swimming"
  8.  "Beside doing sports," jika Beside dalam konteks ini bertindak tidak sebagai preposisi tetapi bertindak sebagai a linking adverb, maka harus penulisan dan pengucapan yang benar adalah "BESIDES". Ada tambahan huruf s di akhir huruf.
  9. "Avoid any fried foods, any junk foods." Kesalahan fatal pertama, adalah junk foods maupun fried foods nya tidak diikuti ekstra 's'. Kesalahan kedua : avoid EATING fried foods. Avoid +kata benda hanya akan betul jika konteksnya menghindari suatu hal seperti : I avoid supermarkets due to its crowd".
  10. "I was sucesfully reduced my body weight." Kesalahan fatal adalah menggunakan passive voice, padahal lebih cocok adalah kalimat aktif. Tips lain Yang kedua, terkait collocation verb yang cocok untuk weights selain reduce adalah : | gain, put on | lose, reduce, shed. Jadi seharusnya : I successfully shed a few pounds atau I succeed in losing my weight.

Jadi rangkuman mengenai hal-hal baru yang dipelajari :collocation adjective untuk swimming yang umum adalah regular, quick, lalu  kata kerja spend jarang diikuti preposisi for tapi lebih umum preposisi on, kemudian collocation verb untuk body weight adalah lose/gain/shed, Besides ada ekstra 's' ketika bertindak sebagai linking adverb, collocation noun untuk cholesterol adalah level. 


Yeay !


Komentar

Postingan Populer