#45 Describe a conversation topic you were not interested in

 

 Who you talked with

When you had the conversation

What the topic was

And explain why you were not interested

Well, I suppose there were many conversations that I had in past. Here, I would like to share my experience when I had to talk about some awkward topics during my flight in 2012.

00:23

At that time, I decided to go home because I really missed my mother. So, I bought a flight ticket. And during my flight I sat beside a man, who is older than me. I guess he was around forty years or forty-five years old. And at that time, he asked me about my opinion that was related to President Election.

01:02

So at that time, my country was going to hold a president election and there were two candidates for this election. However, I felt that it was not very appropriate to talk about who I was going to choose during this election because it was very subjective. And I believe that each candidate had her/his own strengths and weaknesses. However, because I did not want to be rude because he was older than me, so I tried to express my general ideas and also my general comments for each candidate. And at the end, he forced me to choose his candidate.

My self correction :

  1. "And at the end, he forced me to choose his candidate." Seharusnya in the end yaa ! Wkwkw ingat kata kata lagu Linkin Park !
  2. "that I had in past". Ini kayaknya kesalahan berulang juga deh Sar. Seharusnya ada artikel indefinitif yakni 'the'
  3. " I sat beside a man, who is older than me." Ini seharusnya konsisten antara penggunaan past dan present tense sehingga harusnya "I sat beside a man who was older than me"
  4. "to hold a president election". Yang benar adalah "PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION"
  5. "who I was going to choose". Konteks past continuous nya tidak tepat....Akan lebih baik jika diganti menjadi "who I would choose"
  6. "her/his own strengths and weaknesses." Tidak perlu menggunakan determiner karena jatuhnya redundan.






Komentar

Postingan Populer