#49 Speaking Part 2 : Describe a time when you first talked in a foreign language

Where were you

Who you were with

What did you talk about

And explain how you felt about it

Well, I reckon that there are several moments when I had to use English as my second language in order to communicate with people. Here I would like to share my experience when I used English to communicate with my Japanese Professor.

00:29

So, it was in 2016 when I joined a student exchange at Osaka University. I went there to carry on a research about nuclear together with my classmate, Dita. At that time, during my research I was confused about how to do my prayer as a Muslim there. So, I talked to my Professor, whose name is Sensei Konicha. And he told me that it was okay for him to have me doing my prayer at the room of the labouratorium.

01:22

At that time, I could say that my English was not very fluent so it was very hard for me to communicate what I wanted to do during my research at that time. And also, I realized that English is very powerful because it is very useful tools that could help me to express my feelings, my ideas during my research at Osaka University. All and all, I believe that mastering English is very necessary for us if we want to going abroad.


My self correction :

  1. Inconsistency using present and past tense. Contoh : "I realized that English is very powerful because it is very useful tools that could help me to express my feelings, my ideas during my research at Osaka University."
  2. "to carry on a research"" SEHARUSNYA PHARASAL VERB NYA ADALAH CARRY OUT :((((
  3. at the room of the labouratorium. GAK ADA WOYYY LABORATORIUM WKWKW. Gini nih efek bahasa indonesia. Yang ada dikamus cambridge adalah : laboratory (noun) : a room or building with scientific equipment for doing scientific tests or for teaching science, or a place where chemicals or medicines are produced.
  4. "to carry on a research about" seharusnya tanpa ada artikel indefinitif yaaa
  5. "doing my prayer at the room" preposisi yang tepat untuk ruangan adalah 'in', kalau 'at' lebih ke kampusnya
  6. "we want to going abroad" AAAAA formulasi kata kerja infinitif adalah 'to go' yaaa :))








Komentar

Postingan Populer