#52 Speaking Describe an ambition that you have for long time


What it is

What you did for it

When you can achieve it

And explain why you have this ambition


Well, I believe that as a human being, it is normal for us to have a great ambition in our life. Here, I would like to share my greatest ambition in my life which is continuing my degree, especially master degree by studying abroad.

00:26

In 2016, after I graduated my bachelor degree at Institut Teknologi Bandung, I decided to continue my study directly. However, I failed to obtain one of prestigeous scholarship programs at that time. So, after that failure, I decided to pursue my career as a researcher in Indonesia Government.

Today, I want to apply for this scholarship again, in order to continue my study in abroad. So, in order to fulfill this ambition, I will take an IELTS test and I should have an IELTS score at least 6.5. And also, I would try to apply many scholarship programs that I could, so I would have a greater possibility to be successful in one of these scholarship programs. I believe that by studying abroad and having my master degree, it would enhance my research skill and also it could boost my career as a researcher.


My self correction :

  1.  I believe that as a human being...akan lebih baik jika dia merujuk pada plural form yakni 'as human beings'
  2. to have a great ambition in our life....sebenernya ambition adalah kata benda Uncountable dan juga countable sih....maunya gak ada issue ya, tapi entah kenapa grammarly nya bilang ga boleh
  3. especially master degree....seharusnya diikuti pronouns sehingga menjadi 'especially my master's degree'
  4.  after I graduated my bachelor degree....sangat aneh ya , harus ada preposisi 'with' sehingga menjadi 'I graduated with my bachelor's degree'
  5. one of prestigeous scholarship programs...Nah ini kesalahan lagi nih ketika mengucapkan one of...harus diikuti kata benda plural yang spesifik ya sehingga menjadi 'one of the prestigious scholarship programs'
  6. in order to continue my study in abroad. Seharusnya tidak diikuti lagi oleh preposisi 'in' sehingga menjadi 'my study abroad'
  7.  would try to apply many scholarship programs. Ingat sekali lagi, kata kerja apply to collocationnya diikuti preposisi 'to' sehingga menjadi 'apply to'










Komentar

Postingan Populer