It feels nice to be loved by someone that is equally equal with you.

A : "Aku gajian hari ini"
S : "Ya terus?"
A : "Mau jajanin kamu"
S : "Jajanin apa, entar gendut :("
A : "Atau mau dipesenin apa?"

A : "Bonus semester aku cair hari ini"
S : "Selamat. You deserved that after your hardwork"
A : "Maacih"
S : "Kalo aku di jakarta, langsung aku todong minta mamam di Union Delli!!!" (karena sekarang lagi di London)
A : "You are making me sad"

As a girl that is independent, especially financially independent, having a treat from a guy is not really my "thing". I mean I do love being a femme fatal, but not in the context of gift/treat/etc. 

But well, after knowing this guy for about three months, I just realised how great it was, to be with someone that is outshine you, well at least equally equal with you (still we love to argue about this too :p). Ever since that, I tried to reflect and evaluate the way I picked a life partner. For many times, I love to consider myself as an "settler". Well this is a term that was introduced from my childhood's series "How I met Your Mother"*. As a settler, I tend to indulge myself with an unbalanced relationship, and no wonder it never turned out as a good-healthy-goal-dream relationship that I've expected. I tend to date a guy either whose salary is lower behind mine (even worse, I used to date a man who is unemployed aka 0-income, how bad it was !), whose education is not really his priority, nor whose career does not have any long-term goal.

My last relationship with Mas ended up awful. I could vividly remember, the last thing we argued about how my salary outgrew his, and he thinks I am kind of stubborn and cannot be comply with his willing. He thought that he were the one that always sacrifice in our relationship. But well, long story short, he now married with a good girl ! I am so happy to hear the news as I knew he is totally a nice guy and he deserves someone's as good as he is.

The point is, it feels nice to be loved by someone that is equally equal with you. I totally have no idea what is the future of ours, but at least I love this kind of feeling.

*Footnote :

The Reacher-Settler theory specifies that one person in a relationship is reacher, someone who reaches to get a partner outside his/her league; while another is settler, who settles for a partner below his/her league.





Komentar

Postingan Populer